Monday, August 1, 2011

The last few weeks

Is it really August already??? That's what I wondered this morning when my alarm went off, and the Rocky 99.1 radio announcer stated it. A quick check of my calendar confirmed this. It is kinda sad, since last winter was brutally cold and full of snow, and I'm still enjoying this nice weather. In fact, I really don't want anyone to mention snow until at least December, that is, assuming that Camping guy wasn't right (the guy who "guaranteed" the world would end on May 21 of this year, then came out and said that God felt sorry for us, so God would postpone his rage until October 21.)
Anyway, fishing has slowed down the last week, although it's still decent. Fished Sayer's twice last week, one time caught 2 bass for a 4 pound, 2 oz total. Also fished it friday, caught a few nice ones, and initially had plans in the afternoon, but these got canceled, so I headed over to the railroad tracks on the mountain side, and fished those. I caught several fish doing this, but heading back, the wind picked up, and I encountered some rough conditions.

Saturday, floated the Juniata River near Mapleton Depot, with my dad. We caught probably about two dozen smallmouth bass, nothing big but it was still alot of fun.

Woke up early, and fished Sayers today. Worked the roadbed, and caught two nice sized smallmouth. Headed over to the mountain side, and hooked a small smallmouth, and a nice channel catfish. That was kind of strange, since I haven't caught any catfish since June.

Planning to fish it again tomorrow. Will let you all know how it goes. Until then, God Bless and Tight Lines!!

No comments:

Post a Comment