Sunday, July 17, 2011

Broken Truck, Stop Complaining, and Still Searching for That One

Well the past few days have been good in terms of numbers. In other words caught a lot of fish, even though there was not much size there.

Thursday evening, headed up to Sayers dam again. On a berkley gulp minnow and a senko, caught around 10 bass, unfortunately nothing broke the 13 inch barrier. However, I did catch two 12 inchers on my bluegill crank bait. I know there are some huge ones in there, I just have to find them.

Friday, took the day off, and had planned to head out to the Snyder's Run section of Lake Raystown early in the morning. Due to some issues, primarily stemming from finding the muffler on my truck to be cracked , I did not get out until around noon, right during the "dog" portion of the day. I worked white jigs and jerkshads around some weedbeds and drop offs, and ended up catching probably around 30 small blue gill, and two bass, each about 10 inches long. Not my best, but satisfactory for fishing in the heat of the day. Definately need to get up there in the morning one of these days.

Planning to head somewhere tonight for a little night fishing, looking forward to it.

Now for a few other things I figured I'd discuss. I opened up the shed the other day, and saw my ice fishing gear sitting in there. That got me thinking about something ironic. Up here in PA, our winter basically lasted into mid April this year (I've heard unconfirmed reports of some people ice fishing as late as April 10). Anyway, I've heard alot of people, myself included, now complaining about how hot and muggy it is. Just think back a few months ago, when, after being nagged by your wife, girlfriend, or mother, you were standing in the driveway shoveling in sub-zero weather, wishing for weather like this. We just can't make up our minds, can we??

Oh, and so far this season, I really have yet to catch that one, special fish you really have to work hard for. I've caught many nice ones, but no true bucketmouths, the ones that make all your others look like baitfish. I just get this feeling that it will require a little deviation from my usual techniques, so it is a challenge to find out what exactly these giants want.

Will update again soon. Tight lines, and God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment